Yummy goodies are always a staple for the holidays. Who wants to pass up cherry pies, candy canes, chocolate, and sugary candy? With some of these tips, you may not have to. Read today’s blog and found out how you can maintain your oral health, while wearing braces, during the holiday season.
– Cut down on sweets for the stocking, and include useful things, such as lip balm, hair accessories, socks, or small bouncing balls, cars, and other fun trinkets for children; peanuts are also a great and healthy treat for the bottom of a stocking
– Instead of candy canes on the tree, make some ornaments or popcorn tinsel with your children
– Include a new toothbrush, toothpaste, and floss as stocking stuffers, so kids are reminded that keeping their teeth clean is important
– Make memories! Go to a fun holiday movie, see the sights, go ice skating, or build a snowman with your loved one/ones
– Instead of a sugary candy bowl, fill it with peppermints made of Xylitol, and include sugar-free and reduced sugar candies
– Brush and floss your teeth more often, if you are eating more sugary sweets than normal
– Get a thorough cleaning and oral examination with our dental team at the office of Perry M Iacovetti DDS PC after the holidays, so if you do ingest more yummy goodies this holiday season, you can start anew for the new year, with clean and polished teeth from your dentist.
If it’s been a while since you have seen Dr. Perry M Iacovetti DDS PC, we invite you to call for an appointment. Contact us at 718.224.0040 for more good ideas about maintaining your oral health in Little Neck, New York. We look forward to hearing from you soon and allowing us to maintain your dental health!